Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

DIY: pretty holiday nails

I read a blog post the other day by Whitney Port about awesome nail trends. (you can go to her link by clicking here)  My absolute favorite was her spin on french manicures where she used glitter for the tip instead of white.  I didn't really want to pay to go get them done somewhere, so I decided to try them myself at home!

Colors by OPI: base polish- "bubble bath" and glitter polish- "mad as a hatter"

The first step I did was apply the base color "bubble bath" (it's even a great color just to wear by itself as a nude):


I then waited a few minutes for the base color to dry (I am very impatient when it comes to letting my nails dry!) I tried a few different techniques for applying the glitter but the one that worked best for me was applying it with toothpicks, it allowed me to be more precise and make the line look a lot more clean than just using the nail brush:


Once the glitter dried I also applied a cheap clear top coat that I picked up from the drugstore and I was done!  I think they turned out pretty cute, and really fun for the holiday season!  You could always experiment with different polish & glitter colors too!



Hope I gave you some pretty ideas to try on your nails for the holiday season!  And if you do send me pics!  I'd love to see what you come up with! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment