Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

that's not very ladylike.

I love that scene in A Christmas Story when Ralphie gets soap in his mouth for saying "oh fudge" (except he didn't say fudge!).  I remember getting soap in my mouth also as a child and being told that my language was "not very ladylike!"  Yet, what I was saying then, seems to have become the norm nowadays.  Women today, not only on TV but in society also, have become so vulgar, that sometimes it makes me cringe.  I'm not saying I have never cursed or told a dirty joke in my life, but so many women are taking it way too far.

Why do women feel the need to be so vulgar?  Is being "ladylike" out of style?  While reality tv isn't the only thing to blame, I feel that it has played a huge part.  Let's talk about the trashiest show out there, Jersey Shore.  While most women don't aspire to be like the women on Jersey Shore, (and if you do, I'll be praying for you), some people have become numb to the foulness of the show, and frankly, it's disgusting.  In one episode Snooki said "I will pee in a bush.  I will poop in a bush.  I will hide in a bush.  I do f***ed up s**t, I don't know what's wrong with me."  In many other episodes she is constantly talking about her vagina like it's another person and is constantly calling the other girls in the house "bitches and whores".  I'd like to wash her mouth out with soap if you ask me.  These girls have no respect for themselves, and to be honest it's not funny at all, it's just sad.

Women are trying to be so vulgar because they think that it's funny, but just because you say something crude doesn't mean it's witty.  Women hear men make crude jokes and try to become equal to or even surpass their levels of crudeness because they think that it will earn them respect.  It really has the opposite effect, being crude and vulgar all the time just shows guys that you are immature and disrespectful.  Guys aren't attracted to the girl who curses or farts more than they do.  Guess what, everybody poops, but that doesn't mean guys want to hear you openly talking about it!  Even if you think you're being hilarious, chances are, guys don't think it's funny at all.  Women are trying too hard to be like men.  Why can't we just accept that we are women and act like a ladies?

I'm not telling you to never curse, or never tell a dirty joke again, because sometimes it's actually funny, but c'mon girls, have some class!

No comments:

Post a Comment